You can probably think of a thousand things you would rather do than drive to your local moving store to buy cardboard boxes for your move, tape them up, and then after your move break them down and dispose of them.
We created Smart Boxes Moving Boxes to provide an environmentally friendly solution, which costs less and is extremely convenient. Smart Boxes will deliver well-built moving boxes, made from 100% recycled plastic, to your home before your move and then pick them up from your new home after you finish.
- reusable and made from 100% recycled plastic.
- much stronger than cardboard: no puncturing or collapsing.
- made from high grade plastic that does not absorb liquids that would damage your valuables.
- stackable and interlocking for easy rolling or carting.
- delivered at your old residence and picked up at your new house--no hunting around town for boxes.
- fully assembled: no taping together or breaking down
- sanitized after each use - no mould, insect larva or lice often harboured in cardboard
The average move requires 65 cardboard boxes, weighing on average 1.4 pounds each, which means a typical move uses 82 pounds of cardboard. If 100 people per month switched from using cardboard moving boxes to Smartboxes, 48 eight tons of paper could be saved each year. According to the Waste Management Company this would save:
- 816 trees
- 3,792 gallons of oil.
- 336,000 gallons of water.
- 2 million kilowatts of energy.
- 2880 gallons of air pollution.
- 144 cubic yards of landfill space.